When Hillary and I are building and editing exhibitions on dp.la/exhibitions we have to clear the cache frequently in order to see the changes we are making.
It's hard to produce an example because the editing works fine, it just takes a while for edits to appear (like 12 hours or until we clear the cache). This is particularly a problem when Hillary adds captions which has to be done manually for each individual image. As she adds and saves them, they are clearly present in the dashboard view but don't appear in the public view (which you can imagine is annoying from a progress/editing point-of-view). There are ~40-60 captions per exhibition
MB: I think this is a siteproxy configuration change.
I'm doing an experiment to determine the scope of the issue.
I've disabled caching of /exhibitions, and I'll keep an eye on our servers for the next day to see if the caching has provided any benefit. We can take it from there. If we determine that caching has provided no benefit, we can disable it permanently. If we need some more sophisticated solution, we can scope and prioritize this ticket accordingly.
The site's been doing fine without the extra layer of caching from the proxy server, so I'm going to disable it permanently...
Thanks, Mark! It's been merged and hence is ready for deployment.
So we no longer have caching of the HTML, so changes should go through immediately. Images and CSS will be cached by the browser and caching proxy, but the proxy will check the CMS server to see if the assets have been modified, so the issue in this ticket should be resolved now.